Monday, April 13, 2009

Chicks and Sandals

Why do women insist on wearing sandals when it's butt-ass cold outside? I was at the White Sox-Twins game in Chicago this past Saturday. It was a gorgeous, sunny day, but damn cold. 46 degrees and windy as hell. I was wearing my ski jacket, skull cap, gloves, and my Air Jordan hi-tops. Halfway through the ballgame, I was feeling the chill, big time. Yet, I can't tell you how many women I saw wearing flip flops at that game. I felt frostbitten just by looking at them. What is the obsession with chicks and sandals, even when the weather is obviously not conducive to that attire? I've posed this question to many female friends and past girlfriends of mine. The answers I've gotten include:

--"Summer is short and I need to get use out of all my sandals." (true, it certainly feels that Wisconsin isn't long for warm weather, but my counter-argument is you can comfortably wear sandals from at least mid-May through mid-September. That's 4 months, minimum. You don't need to bust them out in March and April to get miles out of your shoe wardrobe.)

--"I spend a lot of money on pedicures and I need to show my feet off." (that statement is mind-boggling on so many levels. However, sticking to the topic at hand, guys aren't checking out your feet. Yes, I know women dress for other women, but if that's the case, again, issues on so many levels.)

--"It's comfortable." (Frostbite is more comfortable than boots or sneakers?)

I can't only rag on the ladies. I saw plenty of dudes wearing shorts at the ballgame. A general guideline should be if you have to wear a coat, certainly if you have to wear a hat and gloves, save the sandals and shorts for warmer days. You just look stupid, otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment